10/02/2014

September Favorites

Hello everyone!! I know I'm a day late, but I hadn't actually decided to do monthly favorites until just now. I think it'll be fun to be able to look back on this month and see what kind of things I got to enjoy. So let's get started!

ENTERTAINMENT

This was actually a bit of a hard choice because there are so many amazing vloggers out there (Zoella, Tyler Oakley, & Grace Helbig to name a few) that I absolutely love, but I did end up choosing Tanya Burr. She has such an amazing personality and style that I never get bored of watching her videos. She is just so real and likable! I was really impressed with not only the quality of her videos but the content as well. If you're looking for a fashion guru or just need a pick-me-up, I definitely suggest checking out her channel on YouTube.

FOOD/DRINK

I know everybody has different tastes when it comes to foods and drinks, but I have really enjoyed this tea a lot and I feel like it's not too strong or like a special flavor so a lot of people could enjoy it. It's called Jasmine Green Tea by Teatulia and it comes with 30 round tea bags. The tea bags (which are stringless/tagless) and the container are compostable which is wonderfully Eco friendly. It's got a very smooth taste and makes me feel happy and content, which is always good when I'm stressing over things.

MAKEUP


I did talk about this in another post, but I loved it so much I had to add it to this list! I just find that it goes on really well, and it lasts for ages. When I'm running to my classes, catching a bus, or just flat out busy, I don't have time to make sure my eyeliner is in place. With this liquid eyeliner by kleancolor I never even think about the state of my eyes because it's so long lasting. To learn more about this product click here.

BOOK


I was originally drawn to this book because the title was quite funny. It's called If Ignorance is Bliss, why Aren't There More Happy People?: Smart Quotes for Dumb Times by John Mitchinson and John Lloy. When I got it, I thought it would be in the format of a normal book, but it is just pages and pages of quotes from famous people (past and present) and it's organized by topic. I absolutely love it and have been laughing my head off at the choices they picked. I feel this would be a great book to have set out on a coffee table for visitors to flip through, and I may have to buy my own copy soon. One of my (many) favorite quotes that I've found so far is, "Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti." which was apparently said by the beautiful Sophia Loren. So if that beauty icon says spaghetti's ok, then who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment