10/22/2014

Chicken Fajita Quesadillas



Everyone loves food. It’s just a fact of life! For a long time I wanted to be a chef, but I soon realized that what I really wanted was to just eat delicious food ALL THE TIME. I'm quite a messy person to be honest, but I have a system I swear! I am an organized crazy person. That’s another thing I like about cooking. I can go a thousand miles an hour and fling food from one end of the house to the other and still end up with an amazing meal. Since I'm usually busy singing and dancing while I cook, this happens more often than not. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it is simple but amazing. I'm sure there are ways to substitute out the unhealthy stuff and you guys will probably know better than me about that (notorious junk food addict here), but it’s still pretty healthy. As you probably guessed by the title, it’s a Chicken Fajita Quesadilla! For some reason I'm not a huge fan of chicken, but I actually liked it in this recipe

The first time I made it, I followed the recipe exactly. It was pretty good, but I made a few changes the next time. When I made it the second time I added more peppers and less cheese. When I made it the first time I felt like I was being drowned in cheese. Yuck! So I added less cheese and more of the other stuff. I also didn’t have any more fajita sauce so I just used Taco seasoning. Which is kind of the same thing…right? I also didn’t just use one tortilla per quesadilla. I used 2 medium sized tortillas for each quesadilla, which made it easier to fry up. I used butter in the skillet and waited until it was sizzling hot before I put the quesadilla in. This made them crispier and tastier! This recipe only called for sour cream as a side dip, which I thought was a little boring. So I added some guacamole and salsa for my version! The picture below was taken right before I ate them. By myself. All of it. Haha!



All in all, it was a success.

I rate this Recipe: Love It!

No comments:

Post a Comment