11/05/2014

October Favorites


October has just absolutely flown by, and I can’t believe its November already!! I always get really into whatever holiday is coming up, so naturally I went all out for Halloween. I decorated with orange lights, black curtains, and plastic pumpkins everywhere. I made a Halloween Playlist on Spotify to set the mood while I made spooky recipes and tried (unsuccessfully) not to eat the trick-or-treater’s candy.


ENTERTAINMENT


For this category I picked two things, because I felt like not all people enjoy especially scary things so I picked one that was family friendly and one that was more intense. I picked The Nightmare before Christmas because it’s a Halloween classic and family friendly! It’s a musical movie by Tim Burton and it’s just fun and spooky without being actually scary. My other choice is much more intense. American Horror Story:Freak Show is so far amazing! I don’t usually care for horror movies/shows, but the characters are so well written and the stories so heartbreaking, that I've gotten sucked in. It is quite a bit graphic, so if you don't like that kind of thing I recommend not watching it and sticking to things like Hocus Pocus (another good movie). Both of these are perfect for curling up on the couch with your (or maybe the candy you taxed from your kids, haha) Halloween treats.


WEBSITE



This website, called Pinterest, is my go-to for quotes, fashion, and food ideas. It’s amazing for finding specific things you need or for idea hunting. It’s way too easy to end up spending hours on here, so beware! It has everything from humor, fashion, food, and cute animals. It’s even free! So anybody can use it, which I definitely recommend doing.


FOOD



This Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken Recipe turned out absolutely AMAZING!!! Even though it took quite a bit of time to make, and was a bit messy as well, it was definitely worth it. I will say that if you are sensitive to spicy foods, it does have the tiniest bit of bite. This would be perfect for if you're having a friend or two over and it also makes delicious left-overs. I probably wont make it again soon because it does take quite a bit of prep (and clean up), but it was worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment