2/04/2015

Zucchini Noodle Dinner

I have to give credit where credit is due, and this recipe is thanks to my mother! Actually, the first couple times she made it I did NOT want to eat it. Noodles made out of zucchini?! I don't think so! However, now that I am on Paleo it has forced me to be more open to different foods that I normally would avoid like the plague. Once I actually tried it it was actually really good! She didn't use an exact recipe so I'll try to write it down as best I can.

First, you'll want to brown some sausage or hamburger (or I suppose tofu if you want vegan).
Then saute some onions and mushrooms if you want (I personally don't care for mushrooms).
I also like to add some bacon because duh, bacon!(unless you want it vegan, in which case I'm so sorry for your loss)
This next part might be a little more difficult. My mom has a special shredder that she uses to shred the zucchini into a perfect noodle shape but if you don't have one of these I suppose you could try a cheese grater?
I like to add a can of diced tomatoes because I like a big meal and want to add as much as possible, but my mom generally likes to use only fresh products so she usually leaves these out.
Last but not least, a little garlic for even more flavor!
And there you have it! A Paleo version of Spaghetti!

Today makes my fourth day being 100% on Paleo, and it's actually been pretty easy! Unfortunately I have a pretty bad head cold, but hopefully not overloading my body with sugar and white flour will help me get better faster.

Something I have noticed doing Paleo, (even in the short time I've been on it) is that not only is it easier to wake up in the morning, but I'm less sleepy throughout the day. You never notice how many food commercials there are until you start a diet, and Taco Bell has been tempting me all week! The food cravings are starting to slowly go away, so that helps a lot. I will say I miss peanut butter more than I was expecting to, but I'm going to be getting some Almond butter soon and that will help.

If you're looking for a (relatively) easy diet plan, I definitely recommend Paleo! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment