2/18/2015

Paleo Blueberry Muffins

I'm into my second week doing paleo, and honestly it feels like it's been an eternity. It is getting easier as I find recipes to replace the foods I loved, but all the same it's hard. Like when my parents went through Taco Time and there was nothing there I could eat AND I was trapped in a car with the smell of mexi-fries and burritos. I just have to keep reminding myself that it'll be worth it! I do feel a lot healthier. There have been weird things I noticed too. For example I am almost never sleepy through out the day (even when I first wake up), my skin has cleared up completely, and I've lost 10 pounds! I think I might even keep eating primarily paleo even after this month is done. I'll probably  add in some things like oatmeal and peanut butter (I miss them just too much), but I'm really happy with the results.

One problem I've faced with this diet is breakfast. I can't just pop a bagel in the toaster and run out the door when I'm in a rush. I usually have eggs and bacon, but that was getting a little boring. So I found a paleo approved muffin recipe! The link is here, but I made a few changes when I made it.

I didn't have any blueberries, so I had to use black berries which was actually very good so I suppose you could use any kind of berry/small fruity thing. I've made them twice now, and to be honest I preferred not using bluberries. I'll probably just change this to a raspberry or blackberry muffin recipe instead. I also only cooked it for 22 minutes, and I actually prefer muffins a little drier, and if you do too I would suggest letting them cook a little longer. Last but not least, I like to reheat them when I eat one and then drizzle a little honey on it. It's delicious!! It's been a great substitute for bagels or toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment