3/11/2015

Peaky Blinders

This is a show on Netflix that I am currently in love with. It's rough and a bit violent but it's real. Here's the summary directly from Netflix:

"A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost."

Like I said, it is quite rough and also there are quite a few sex scenes so if you were thinking this might be a fun "family movie night" choice think again. For those of you who have seen Gangs of New York I've been told they are quite similar.

Something that really drew me in right away was the music. It may be set 100 years ago, but the music is modern. I actually recognized a few of the artists, like the Arctic Monkeys and The White Stripes, and it just made it that much more easy to get sucked in.

So if you're looking for something intense and exciting, this show is definitely worth a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment