12/17/2014

Math Help

The dreaded subject I have tried to avoid my whole life: Math. Whether it be algebra, geometry, precalculus, or whatever, I have just absolutely hated every minute of it. I am a very artsy minded person and paint and English lit come MUCH more easily to me. Because of this I have had to have quite a bit of extra help over the years. Here's what I have used to help me get through the evil subject of Math in school.

This is a great website for practicing what you already know and teaching you as you go. For limited use it's free, but if you want to get the most out of it and really get some work done it does cost about $9.95 a month or $75 a year. It's one of the few math programs I enjoyed (just don't tell my mom that or she'll try to make me use it again). It offers Preschool through 8th grade math as well as Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, and Precalculus.

To call this a calculator is an understatement, because it does so much more. When it comes to quickly finding an answer to a problem or question you have there really is no better website. This website has been an absolute lifeline for me when I had 100+ problems to get through and limited. It doesn't teach exactly, but it can give you the information you need to answer a problem.

No this isn't about the villain from Star Trek! It's a YouTube channel centered around teaching people how to do math. If you learn best from listening or watching someone do a problem this would work best for you. Just look for the video of the specific type of problem you need to learn, and press play.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment